Saturday, August 18, 2007

LOCK DOWN

I'm sitting here on my bed, in the guest house in which i live while working in Kabul at the AUAF. My next door neighbor, Sav, is playing a random assortment of music on his laptop while busying himself with laundry. Others in the house are doing sundry things to occupy their time, since we cannot travel outside the walled compound of the house. The 'Lock Down' was ordered a few hours ago by our security director, when we received news of a German woman being kidnapped from a local restaurant just down the street. Times like this allows you to talk a lot with your housemates, so that is what i will be doing shortly, and of course cooking food, and eating, which gets me through most situations. My friends know this to be true :) I need to update my presentation slides for the new students, since our Fall Semester classes start Monday also. I have tomorrow free, since it is the Afghanistan Independence Day, and can stay up late, so will update if necessary. Peace.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

lockdown? oh no!

Kel said...

Peace is right. Ross said you turned down the Singapore job and you're headed back to the states...hahahaha. You're so easy ;) Love you and stay safe.